Sunday, March 18, 2007

Big Reds



My folks rang tonight and asked if i wanted some more tomatoes sent. YEAH...course i do! My Father-bear grows the yummiest juiciest tomatoes ever, and he cutely packages them up in a post-pack box and sends them to me (They live down south in beautiful Walpole). The store-bought tomatoes are mega-dodgy (bland, floury ..blechh!) so i LOVE getting tomato-survival-packages. Dad has sent me Avocadoes, Mangoes, veges and Strawberry plants (the runners) thru the post, i swear he'd send me a bag of horse manure if he could find a post pack big enough. Surprisingly they always arrive in great condition, havent opened the parcel to find tomato-puree... yet.

* * * * * *

My exercise is going pretty good and my diet okay.

Friday morning i did a gym workout before work, 50 minutes of intervals/circuit. JB came to the gym with me - thankgod she shares my enthusiasm (a.k.a stupidity) otherwise i'd never manage to go solo to the gym at that time of the morning. It was dark when we left (5am), and dark when we came home (6am). Although i used to be a staunch daylight savings fan, now that we have it i'd rather return to the old system. It doesnt get light here until 7am and its bloody dangerous jogging early in the morning-attempting to dodge big boulders, twigs and rocks on the path (oh and beer cans, broken glass, drunk bodies etc) I have nearly stacked it a kazillion times. I need to steal a headlamp off a local miner so i can see where i'm going. Actually i might just do that...
No exercise for me yesterday, just a motorbike ride with husband which was great fun. Why is it that flying through bush tracks on red dirt and rocks is so much fun? It makes me feel like a little excited kid. I put some new stickers on my bike, they're hibiscus flowers- i bought them in Hawaii. Wayne said my bike looks like a Hawaiin shirt now. Thats not quite the look i was hoping to achieve.

* * * * * *
This morning i jogged 7km with Tan. I still haven't reached that 'i'm really enjoying this' stage, its more like 'oh my gawd... this is kiiillliiing meeee' as i struggle to the end.
It gets a bit (tiny bit) better each time i go though.

* * * * * *
I think i'm going to have to do a 12 hour shift tomorrow, our agency nurse is a no-show. Ugh.

seeya x

1 comment:

Debstar said...

Those tomatoes look sooooo good. At the moment I am growing some cherry tomatoes. It's going to be interesting to see who gets to them first - me or the grubs.