Which makes me think of these funny things... blast from the past....
- The grocery bags at the shops were paper and the bottom always fell out of them?
- All phones had cords
- All soft drink bottles were glass
- Milk (in glass bottles) got delivered to the front door step and we fought to lick the cream off the foil top
- There was no such thing as unleaded petrol
- Computer screens were black with green writing?
- Seatbelts werent retractable and there was no such thing as an airbag!
- You rode your bike without a helmet?
- There was no such thing as a microwave and heating up left-overs meant putting it in the oven or putting it in a pot on the stove (or eating it COLD!)
- Movies had an intermission break? (wish they had that now for a wee break)
- Smoking was allowed on aeroplanes?? Yuk.
- Suitcases didn't have wheels.
Gawd... i could continue on my nostalgic path forever.
* * * * *
I slept great again today. The pool was open for evening laps so Tan and i went. I did my program, it felt a bit hard today, took me quite a while to get into it. Tan got a calf cramp (her first ever) and was flailing around in the water like a drunk muppet, it was quite humorous! Is that a bad thing to say? I wore my Polar HR monitor in the pool and was amazed that
a) it worked in the water (Tan was sure i was going to get electrocuted!!!)
b) how high my HR was doing laps. What a great workout! Ahh ha...thats the reason i am sooo starving when i get out the pool! yum yum